Community Forum

comcast insurance claim not covering me missing work

New Poster

comcast insurance claim not covering me missing work

2 comcast installers tracked tar throughout my apartment, on both the carpet and kitchen flooring.

I need to get this fixed ASAP because I am only renting and the damages are on my shoulders, it could break my lease.

I was told I need to get an estimate so I did that and submitted it to their insurance company liberty mutual.

The estimate is for materials and labor. The labor is estimated at 20 hours.

I will need to be present during this process, to make sure things go as planned with the guy who does the install. There is just no way im letting someone handle my belongings and rip apart my apartment when I am not present.

After getting the settlement check in the mail and seeing it did not cover my time missing work, I called comcast and they said that they will not cover this.

So before I file in small claims court for more than the amount of my time missing work, I figured I'd reach out here.
Expert

Re: comcast insurance claim not covering me missing work

wrote:
2 comcast installers tracked tar throughout my apartment, on both the carpet and kitchen flooring.

I need to get this fixed ASAP because I am only renting and the damages are on my shoulders, it could break my lease.

I was told I need to get an estimate so I did that and submitted it to their insurance company liberty mutual.

The estimate is for materials and labor. The labor is estimated at 20 hours.

I will need to be present during this process, to make sure things go as planned with the guy who does the install. There is just no way im letting someone handle my belongings and rip apart my apartment when I am not present.

After getting the settlement check in the mail and seeing it did not cover my time missing work, I called comcast and they said that they will not cover this.

So before I file in small claims court for more than the amount of my time missing work, I figured I'd reach out here.

Comcast will only pay for the damage that was done by their employees and not for any time you take off from work during the repair time.  You can take it to small claims court, but it's doubtful you will be reimbursed for that, and if not, then you will be held responsible for court costs.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Admin1

Re: comcast insurance claim not covering me missing work

Hi Travis112 -- Community Expert Again is correct about this process. Damages are the only thing covered in these claims. We do not cover for missed working time.