Community Forum

can't make changes to plan

Highlighted
New Poster

can't make changes to plan

Went into an Xfinity store a week or two ago. Signed up for internet for my new home and created an account. Moving into my place on Monday, went to see if everything was still good and my service is gone and it says my account is inactive and to contact the account owner even though I'm the account owener. It says I have no service anymore even though I paid for it. What is going on?
Highlighted
Expert

Re: can't make changes to plan

@Z4ckFat wrote:
Went into an Xfinity store a week or two ago. Signed up for internet for my new home and created an account. Moving into my place on Monday, went to see if everything was still good and my service is gone and it says my account is inactive and to contact the account owner even though I'm the account owener. It says I have no service anymore even though I paid for it. What is going on?

Is this "new home" an apartment, an established house that you bought, a home you are renting?

If any of those apply the problem may be that the previous occupant left with an outstanding bill.  An account isn't just associated with person, but is also tied to an address.  If this is the case you'll need to take a lease agreement or mortgage statement and a current ID showing that address and possibly a utility bill or new order for that address to your closest Comcast store in order to get your service restored.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: can't make changes to plan

Hi u/Z4ckFat, 

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums. Were you able to get your services restored, or get any information on why the account was disconnected? If not, I'd like to help! Send me a private message with your first and last name as it appears on your account? To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click "send a message."  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!