Community Forum

can I purchase a MODEM/ROUTER for triple play and also home security

Regular Visitor

can I purchase a MODEM/ROUTER for triple play and also home security

I currently lease a modem/router from Xfinity .  It is an Arris TG 1682 G , at a cost of $10 a month. As my bills keep going up (shocker) , I am in the market to purchase my own.  The problem comes in as I need the triple play ( I have a telephone line) and I also need one that will support the  Xfinity Home Security system I have.   I do not want to have to install a router and a modem, I want one that is like the one I lease that suppports all of my services.  Is there one on the market?  I have called several times to both BestBuy and Comcast, and no one can give me the answer I need  .  I was told the Netgear Nighthawk Ac1900 but I dont know if this is supports home security.  Anyone out there know if there is one on the market that I can buy? Thanks 

Expert

Re: can I purchase a MODEM/ROUTER for triple play and also home security

https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/ should have the latest info about compatible equipment.

Also see: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Home-Phone-Service-Equipment/How-to-purchase-and-install-a-voice-modem/...

Home security uses its own connectivity device, it doesn't matter what modem/router you use. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Does the extra equipment (a hub I'm expecting) come at any additional cost for connecting to a purchased gateway?  I just returned my rental gateway and now have a purchased one.  I found that the security touchpad is no longer communicating via WiFi (connectivity test failed).  I have a tech scheduled to fix this but I want to know if there is any costs involved.

Thank you.

New Poster

I'm replying to an old thread, but when the tech came out, were there any additional costs associated with getting the new piece of equipment to make the xfinity home work?

Expert

@MFisher17 wrote:

I'm replying to an old thread, but when the tech came out, were there any additional costs associated with getting the new piece of equipment to make the xfinity home work?

They will give you a "sidecar router" that will work specifically with Home if you use your own modem/router. There is no charge for this device. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi @MFisher17

@Nerdburg is right. Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.