Community Forum

cable boxes not working

New Poster

cable boxes not working

I've had a least 6 technicians at my home doing everything from laying new cable to exchanging all of the boxes and modems many many times and I do not have television. I've gone to the store and called customer support many many times. Everytime I wind up with a red screen that asks for another hit. Everyone says it is someone else's problem. Nonetheless I have no television

New Poster

Re: cable boxes not working

This may not be a perfect solution, but if u have Wi-Fi/internet, & a TV that's cast-capable, you can try using the XFinity Stream app on your TV for the time being. It's a mobile service version of sorts, & only slightly limited in accessing most all the same features. The same goes for any channels with apps of their own, ie: Fox, HBO, Showtime, Freeform, etc. You should be able to login to any channel's app that's included in your current service plan.
This method would help at least until it's resolved.
One more way to try accessing your services by proxy?.... using a mobile device; download the XFinity Stream app plus any available mobile apps to the channels you most frequent, then you can try connecting with a USB, or wirelessly casting to a compatible smart TV, or to a TV with Miracast, Chromecast, Roku, Firestick, etc. You can Google videos on how to check compatibility and how to cast if your not real tech savvy on the subject.
This doesn't fix the box issue, but it helps with accessing most of your channels and account features on mobile devices and televisions anywhere ( not just at home🙂 ).

*** FYI ***
- ALWAYS be sure to turn on your mobile device's Wi-Fi!
- when it comes to using premium channel apps that typically require a fee for their services, you do NOT need to pay for a service or channel already included in your XFinity plan;
ie: HBO - DO NOT pay to access the HBO Now or HBO Go app if you're paying for it thru Comcast. It will walk you thru verifying your XFinity plan to login

Wordy answer, but I hope this helps
Expert

@Grosstacular

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Hello Grosstacular. I can assist with troubleshooting your cable box issues. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you.