Community Forum

billing statement

New Poster

billing statement

Xfinity was our internet provider in the apartment we rented for just over five months.  Just prior to our move into our new home I checked with Xfinity to see if they provided service to our new address.  It took about two weeks to get the answer, but it turned out there was no service in our area.  I canceled Xfinity after we moved into our new home.  We recently received a bill charging us an early termination fee.  I do not believe that is right.  When I signed up for Xfinity I assumed we would have service provided to us in our new home.  I was very satisfied with our service and stated so in more than one survey.  What can I do to remove what I think is a very unfair charge?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: billing statement

@maggieandbo wrote:

Xfinity was our internet provider in the apartment we rented for just over five months.  Just prior to our move into our new home I checked with Xfinity to see if they provided service to our new address.  It took about two weeks to get the answer, but it turned out there was no service in our area.  I canceled Xfinity after we moved into our new home.  We recently received a bill charging us an early termination fee.  I do not believe that is right.  When I signed up for Xfinity I assumed we would have service provided to us in our new home.  I was very satisfied with our service and stated so in more than one survey.  What can I do to remove what I think is a very unfair charge?

Unfortunately early termination charges are mentioned in your contract, so the charge is valid.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!