Community Forum

billed for service not available

Highlighted
New Poster

billed for service not available

has anyone noticed you are being billed for sports package when there has not been live sports for two months and they are charging tax on the monthly fee. ask that question if you ever get to talk to a human being. you will be amazed at the answer . 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: billed for service not available

@noserviceatall wrote:

has anyone noticed you are being billed for sports package when there has not been live sports for two months and they are charging tax on the monthly fee. ask that question if you ever get to talk to a human being. you will be amazed at the answer . 

And the answer is:

"Due to the unique circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, many sports were not played or broadcast. In response to the situation, Xfinity expects to receive refunds from some regional sports networks. As a courtesy, we intend to offer an adjustment to our customers of 100% of what we receive. We will communicate more details in the coming months to customers and on this page.."

https://www.xfinity.com/prepare and click on Billing, then scroll down.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

so the typical comcast answer is no answer. Not sure how many customers comcast is taking money from for these services that we are not receiving but it must be in the thousands or more, I know i would love to have 10.00 a month sent to me from all of them and then say " as a courtesy I might give it back" .

If I were to hold 10.00 back from my bill there would be a late charge . And now there is no way to contact anyone to question anything. why send an answer that comes right out and says I do not work for comcast if that is the case how do you know what is going to happen to all the money they are taking in for service  that they are not giving. walk into a retail store and take 10.00 worth of anything and tell them if i get the money " as a courtesy" i will maybe give it back and see what happens.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

You signed on with a cable company that had no special provision for pandemics.  The cable company signed on with a bunch of sports networks with contracts that perhaps also had no special provisions for pandemics.  You would like a discount, but the cable company is not obligated to give you one.  The cable company would like a discount but the sports networks may also not be obligated to give them one.  Nonetheless, Comcast has said IF they can get one, they'll pass it along.  Meanwhile the sports networks are hurting too, so they'd rather not be giving back any money to cable companies.  They have contracts with sports teams which also may or may not have special provisions for pandemics and the sports teams would probably prefer not to be giving back money at this time, too.  It might take awhile to unravel this. 

If all this really bugs you, consider dropping the cable TV part of your package for a while. 

By the way, it's always easy to say "i would love to have 10.00 a month sent to me", but only some of us manage to create a business that makes people want to do that.  Every pay TV system I have ever seen has a clause that says that content and prices are subject to change at any time and millions of people still find them to be attractive enough to sign up.  Try to make your business as attractive as that!

Highlighted
New Poster

nice speach but still no answer to the problem. evidently who ever you are that is responding can not answer the basic question we all have why has comcast taken away our ability to get any answers to anything about billing or service. i would love to cancel the overpriced tv service i even tried to go to your local store with an appointment to see if anyone there could answer any questions. If you do not work for comcast why are you on these forums ? no one wanted to be caught up in any of this virus mess but it is sad when a company the size of comcast wants to take advantage of it and use it as an excuse. hopefully someday they will be held acountable. so dont lecture me about what it takes to be in business from your remarks you have no idea.

Highlighted
Expert

@noserviceatall wrote:

nice speach but still no answer to the problem. evidently who ever you are that is responding can not answer the basic question we all have why has comcast taken away our ability to get any answers to anything about billing or service. i would love to cancel the overpriced tv service i even tried to go to your local store with an appointment to see if anyone there could answer any questions. If you do not work for comcast why are you on these forums ? no one wanted to be caught up in any of this virus mess but it is sad when a company the size of comcast wants to take advantage of it and use it as an excuse. hopefully someday they will be held acountable. so dont lecture me about what it takes to be in business from your remarks you have no idea.

Again_0-1596920317469.png

While we do have employees that help out here, this is primarily a customer-to-customer Help & Support forum.

We get that you're upset, but posting about it 5 months down the road from when the pandemic started isn't going to change Comcast's position.  You're not paying for only live sports programs, but for all sports programs, live, recorded [tape delayed], repeated.  Comcast has stated that they will refund if they are refunded, so until/when/if it happens this is the way things are. 

Also, there is no need to be rude to other forum members, no matter how upset you are.  I gave you Comcast's official position on that.  If you'd like to sound off about it, send a letter to the corporate office in Philly.  You can find their address online.

For the record, you might want to read these:

Forum GuidelinesAcceptable Use Policy

This thread is closed to further commenting.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!