Community Forum

being charged, without service

New Poster

being charged, without service

I've been trying, to get my cable and internet services set up, since May, 2017. I ordered the services, online, without installation. However, the modem never worked. The third light never went out, meaning, there was no signal. The cable boxes I received, were incompatible, with my TV'S. I called customer service, around March. The representative told me, to take the equipment to a Comcast center, for exchange. The Fremont location has been closed, for some time. I asked, for a closer location. The representative told me, there was one in Fremont. However, the street address, he gave me, was for San Jose. I was so frustrated, I gave up, trying, until recently. I found out, there is a Comcast center in Union City. The representative, there, was very nice. She said, the boxes I had weren't for HD TV's. She exchanged, all of the equipment. I asked, for all of the coax, HDMI, and power cables. The representative told me, to contact billing, about having been charged, about $60 a month, since May. Clearly, I wasn't able to get service, with the devices I had. She also informed me, the original representative should have offered to send a technician, to do the install, for free, since I was having issues. That was news, to me! I left, and took the new equipment home. However, when I tried to set up the new equipment, I realized, the power cords, and 2 coax cables were missing. So frustrated! Help!
Expert

Re: being charged, without service

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: being charged, without service

Hi bg247,

Sorry for the experience you've had while trying to get your services activated. I'd like to review your account to see how I can make this right and see about getting the cables you need. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.