Community Forum

bait and switch tactics

New Poster

bait and switch tactics

Has anyone encountered the same bait and switch?

I was ATT costumer.  My building has comcast cable.  When I called comcast to find out about telephonen service I was sold a service that was less expensive than ATT.  However I was never told I will need to rent or buy a new modem to be able to use the service.

I agree to port my number from ATT.  I finally figure out my phone does not work.  Call comcast to be told go buy a modem for over $100.  I ask to be switched back.  One month later I get a bill from comcast.  I call comcast and Perla told me that yes, I was not told I need a modem but I should have know the phone needs a jack  Therefore I have to pay set up fee and monthly fee.

She waisted 20 minutes of my time until she finally agreed to set my balance to $0.  Now I have to go through the legwork of signing up with ATT again.  This waisted a lot of my time and it reeks of illigal business practices.  Especially the excuse the customer should have known all the details, instead of the vendor disclosing all the details and cost involved.  Perla was trying to make me feel like I was stupid and that is plain bullying tactics.  I wonder if I should report this to the FCC?

Official Employee

Re: bait and switch tactics

Hi sunnybreez, we don't want you to feel this way. Please allow me to make this right for you, in order to do so I will need to gather more information. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!