Community Forum

autopay failed because I got a new credit card

Highlighted
New Poster

autopay failed because I got a new credit card

My bank issued me a new credit card, everything is the same except the expiration date and the ccv number on the back.  Apparently auto-pay didn't go through.  I received a notice that my service has been shut off.  When I go to my account there is no payment option because there is no amount due.  And when I go to enroll in auto-pay, it says Restricted Area.

To make it worse, there's no customer service options.  Is this a joke?  Its like you suddenly decided you don't want me as a customer.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: autopay failed because I got a new credit card

Hi @asdfghjkl456  

I did some research and it appeared your account is linked across two different accounts, and defaulted to your prior account, hence the disconnected message. I was able to set the right one, so when you sign out and sign back in again, you should see the correct account showing up where you can add your new credit card back on.

Apologies for that, we're looking at how frequently this is occurring and making some back-end changes to prevent the confusion.

If you have any questions, feel free to follow up by PM'ing me.

Note: I can support Xfinity ID related questions, but not billing/account change ones. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!