Community Forum

adding HD

New Poster

adding HD

we have had xfinity for just over a month now. we wanted to add HD. have been told so many things. first the price would go up $5. then it was up to $9.95. now it's $9.95. we have also been told me need a new box, we don't need a new box. we have an X1. i am reading we don't. we are so confused. what is the true story?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: adding HD

@chipper15173 wrote:

we have had xfinity for just over a month now. we wanted to add HD. have been told so many things. first the price would go up $5. then it was up to $9.95. now it's $9.95. we have also been told me need a new box, we don't need a new box. we have an X1. i am reading we don't. we are so confused. what is the true story?

all X1 set top boxes are HD capable. are your channels working? the charge for HD technology is $9.95/month for all of us, except for those that include the charge in a flat rate contract package. The Roku will also work if you would like to try it (in free beta now) and since you have the separate HD technology fee you have access to your full HD subscription on the Roku devices in your home.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: adding HD

chipper15173 -- Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Forums with your question. Do you need further assistance?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!