Community Forum

You no longer have xfinity service

Regular Visitor

You no longer have xfinity service

I’ve been recently making the transition from moving my xfinity service from my old apartment to my new apartment. I successfully made the transition and I thought it was fine. I’m not moved in to my new apartment yet, but I supposed it had internet service because I wasn’t living there and the app accepted the move in request. Anyways it’s been a couple weeks since then, and I have now received an email telling me to return my xfinity equipment. I am worried, so I go to my account, and it doesn’t let me login. It tells me to call customer service, and it says there is no account linked to my phone number. I think this may have something to do with my account number not being switched over but I’m not sure. Please help with any information or connection to customer support.
Thank you,
Nick Rozhon
Expert

Re: You no longer have xfinity service

Welcome to the Forums!! Smiley Happy

For this issue, I have escalated this to be looked at by a Comcast Employee to further assist you.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@Nickyrozman7 wrote:
I’ve been recently making the transition from moving my xfinity service from my old apartment to my new apartment. I successfully made the transition and I thought it was fine. I’m not moved in to my new apartment yet, but I supposed it had internet service because I wasn’t living there and the app accepted the move in request. Anyways it’s been a couple weeks since then, and I have now received an email telling me to return my xfinity equipment. I am worried, so I go to my account, and it doesn’t let me login. It tells me to call customer service, and it says there is no account linked to my phone number. I think this may have something to do with my account number not being switched over but I’m not sure. Please help with any information or connection to customer support.
Thank you,
Nick Rozhon

Although you may have transferred your service you're actually given a new account number.  Account numbers are not just tied to a person but also to an address.  If you had service and then it was disconnected chances are the former tenant did not pay their bill.  That would mean that you need to take a photo ID and your lease and a utility bill down to your nearest Comcast store showing you are now the occupant of the apartment.  They should be able to clear the block then.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Nick, thanks for posting! When an account moves/transfers from one location to another the account is replaced with a new number. 

Let's check on that transfer and take a closer look at your account together. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.