Community Forum

Yard damaged while recabling

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yard damaged while recabling

Last November 2018 a contractor dug up our front yard stating that they are upgrading the cable. Upon calling Xfinity customer support, this was confirmed. They came unannounced nor did they leave any advanced notice that there was yard work scheduled. This work went on for many months. The contractor did terrible job in cleaning up as they kept blaming "Transformer work" in my area. I have lived in this house for 20 years now. so I went ahead and did some investigation, there was no such "Transformer work" going on. Bolingbrook township is very good about updating the residents. Long story short, they finally covered the trenches but still left the front yard in terrible shape. Checkout my attached pictures. Not sure how to handle this or who should I be calling. 

img4.jpg
img5.jpg
img6.jpg
Official Employee

Re: Yard damaged while recabling

snehalrana, 

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forum. I'm sorry about the damage to your lawn. I'd like to access your account so I can open an investigation to see how we can help make things right on our end. In order to assist you, please send me a private message including your first and last name as it appears on your bill, or the name of the account holder (if it's different than yours) and the primary number on the account.  

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Just did. Please check your private message

Official Employee

Thanks @snehalrana

I did receive it and will be replying to you shortly. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hey @snehalrana

Thank you so much for allowing me to help get this resolved for you. Reach out if you need assistance in the future. Thank you for being a loyal customer, take care!