Community Forum

Xfinity won't let me change my service address!

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity won't let me change my service address!

I made my Xfinity account back in March when I knew I was moving into a new apartment. I filled out the application correctly. I KNOW I did!! But when it came time to turn on my service they almost shut off another tenants service. The reason being that instead of my Service address being Apartment C (where I live) for some reason it came up as Apartment B. I called customer service and they told me they can't change my address (literally just a LETTER) over the phone because it's personal info. I went through an online chat and the associate told me I'd either have to pay a $100 deposit and/or go through a hard credit check. JUST TO CHANGE A SIMPLE LETTER! When I tried to change my address online it said that my account doesn't have permission to do so, even though I am the ONLY person on the account. Finally I went into an Xfinity store and the very helpful employee explained to me that the reason why there was a mixup was because my newly built apartment technically doesn't exist. He then told me that he would add it into the system and in two to three days it'll be correct. Whlp its been two months and nothings changed. Xfinity even refunded me my processing fee because they NEVER gave me the service I paid for. I really just want help. I have no interest in paying money for someone to just hit *[backspace] "C" [enter]*

Expert

Re: Xfinity won't let me change my service address!

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity won't let me change my service address!

Hi @HyperTendencies

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. Sorry for the experience you've had thus far. I'd like to help get this resolved and your account started. In order to expedite this process, can you please send me a private message with the following information: 

1. Your first and last name as, 
  2. The full street address to where you would like to have service, 
  3. Your preferred contact number,
  4. Your preferred contact email address. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!