Community Forum

Xfinity utility lines and tree branches have become intertwined

New Poster

Xfinity utility lines and tree branches have become intertwined

Recently I noticed that the xfinity utility lines and tree branches have become intertwined. In my opinion and observation could have been the effects of the fall and winter weather. Now we are in the summer weather it has become more apparent that the branches are weigh down the utility line. Now it is not causing any disruption to service or any hazard issues visually I have some questions.

The utility line is over my property and the tree is on my property. Is this something xfinity can come out and we can work something out to get this resolved together? 

I would like assistance and direction. The reason I am using this channel to communicate is because my fiance called and someone came out. They took a picture and the supervisor immediately stated no. No reasoning or anything. If there is nothing that can be done I would like to speak to management as I am ready to escalate.

Expert

Re: Xfinity utility lines and tree branches have become intertwined

@OME80 wrote:

Recently I noticed that the xfinity utility lines and tree branches have become intertwined. In my opinion and observation could have been the effects of the fall and winter weather. Now we are in the summer weather it has become more apparent that the branches are weigh down the utility line. Now it is not causing any disruption to service or any hazard issues visually I have some questions.

The utility line is over my property and the tree is on my property. Is this something xfinity can come out and we can work something out to get this resolved together? 

I would like assistance and direction. The reason I am using this channel to communicate is because my fiance called and someone came out. They took a picture and the supervisor immediately stated no. No reasoning or anything. If there is nothing that can be done I would like to speak to management as I am ready to escalate.

Comcast won't do any tree trimming; you will have to call a tree trimming service for that.  If the lines are already going through the tree, re-stringing them probably isn't going to work in the long run, unless the tree is trimmed enough to re-string the line without further encumbrance.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!