Community Forum

Xfinity thinks I am logging into my father's account.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Xfinity thinks I am logging into my father's account.

I opened an Xfinity account for my home in Florida about forty minutes ago.  I verified my email. I decided to go online to Xfinity to manage my account. I was greeted with my father's name and his account. My elder sister, who was the Estate Executor and primary caretaker, closed that account and returned the modem on 11/01/2017.  That account was for at his home in Atlanta, Georgia. We sold that home in 2019.

When I log into Xfinity with my email and password I see his account. I even see his bank account, which was closed in 2019. I am at a loss as to what to do. 

I did just get a mail from Xfinity about my installation kit. It is to be delivered to my place in Florida. I was concerned that it would be going to Atlanta.

I took screen shots of all of this. I would not feel comfortable with sharing that with anyone other than official  representatives of Xfinity/Comcast.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity thinks I am logging into my father's account.

@cal1779 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Corporate Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity thinks I am logging into my father's account.

Hi there, cal1779. Thank you for posting here in the community. Sorry to hear about the mishap with your online account. Something must be incorrectly linked in the back-end of our system with your email or phone number. We can definitely work together to get this fixed as soon as possible. Please send me a PM with your first and last name and we can go from there.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Welcome aboard by the way!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!