Community Forum

Xfinity "Customer Service" removed wrong cable box from my account AGAIN

New Poster

Xfinity "Customer Service" removed wrong cable box from my account AGAIN

What a mess! Brought in a defective cable box into the Xfinity store today for a replacement. Got home and got the new box installed OK, and then discovered that in their infinite wisdom the "customer service" rep at the store removed the WRONG box from the account. Called account support and verified the MCARD # assigned to my account. This confirmed that they removed the WRONG box and now they're telling me that I need to take the box that they turned off back to the Xfinity store to get it turned back on. I really don't have the time to go and spend ANOTHER hour+ going to the Xfinity store to get them to fix what they've messed up! Every time we have any dealings with the Xfinity store, they mess up the equipment on the account. This may be the straw that broke this camels back and gets us to cut the cord...
Contributor

Re: Xfinity "Customer Service" removed wrong cable box from my account AGAIN

I had a very simular experience, the Comcast store close to me has issues as well, every time I leave there my next bill mysteriously rises!  In my opinion though I dont think that it warrents "cutting the cord", I didnt despite the frustration.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity "Customer Service" removed wrong cable box from my account AGAIN

Hi @Bob1659

Sorry for the experience you had while trying to have the box replaced. If you have not received help getting the box activated, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number associated with your services.

@stemel

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about your billing concerns after leaving your local Comcast service center. If you'd like me to review your account to see if there's any way I can assist you, please feel free to reach out in a private message. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.