Community Forum

Xfinity new line installation placed green utility box in front of my house

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity new line installation placed green utility box in front of my house

Comcast contractors were out last week running cable from the utility pole 3 houses down for a new line for my neighbor who just purchased the house next door.  The neighbor that sold his home never had cable ran.  While the contractors did a fairly good job of not tearing up my lawn, a large green utility box was placed in front of my house, near the street.  I am sure this is in the easement zone, but does it have to be infront of my house? 10 - 12 feet more would have located this in between my neighbors and my homes and would not be viewable from the porch.  I have also seen other TV and internet providers that put there boxes in the ground.  I have created a ticket under my account but based on the support response I am sure I will not get anywhere.  I am very upset with the placement of this utiltiy box and would like help moving to the property line before the line gets installed to my neighbors home.   Any help would be appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity new line installation placed green utility box in front of my house

Update - The technicians are there installing the new line.  Called Comcast to see if they could move the pedestal at the same time and they are unable to contact the technicians in the field.  Customer Service was so unhelpful, they wanted me to go out and talk to the technicians for them, and I would, but I am not at home.  They said there was no way to contact them, and I would have to wait for dispatch.  There is a severe disconnect at customer service.  Is it because it is off shore?

Diamond Problem Solver

They wouldn’t be able to move a pedestal anyways. Locates and permits and a plan ahead of time would be necessary

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the information.  Let's not forget who we are talking about, it Comcast, they could put it anywhere they want!

Official Employee

Hey there! Moving the pedestal would have to be put in as a separate order. I'd be happy to submit a ticket on your behalf to see if this is something we can do. Feel free to send over a PM with your first and last name to proceed. 

To send a Private Message, please click our name “Comcast_Support” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks PM was sent.  To update everyone the pedestal was removed the same day a Comcast employee contacted me, lol.  Now just a big hole in my front yard, I hope no one falls into it.  Come on Comcast for a multi billion dollar company your just not that efficient.

Frequent Visitor

3 more days past after 3 weeks of having a huge whole in my front yard.  No one can explain what is happening.  I guess I will try social media and see if I can get someone to respond.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you, we finally have some movement.  I appreciate your help!