Community Forum

Xfinity contractor cut my line today

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity contractor cut my line today

This morning two Xfinity contractors cut my line while installing service for a neighboring apartment that has a new tenant. I went outside and asked them about it and they told me my address is illegal and they had to cut my line. They were rude and told me I need to call Comcast.

I moved here a month ago and paid for a professional install done with a Comcast tech. Prior to me living here there was Xfinity service with previous tenants and both properties had coexisting Comcast connections with different accounts of course. If a new tap was needed for my address why wasn't it addressed over the years and multiple Xfinity accounts and tech visits?

I called Comcast and they can't get a tech out here for a few days. I work at from home and my security cameras are also now down because those techs cut my line with no notice.
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity contractor cut my line today

Hello, Lazcas! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

I'm glad you reached out to us for assistance with this issue. I see that you also reached out to us over on Reddit. To help avoid any confusion I will continue to assist you there since we have already made progress on this. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!