Community Forum

Xfinity Voice (billing is trying to transfer the incorrect phone number)

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Voice (billing is trying to transfer the incorrect phone number)

I just upgraded to the X1 Triple Play Premium package today, but the phone number that I wanted to get transferred to Xfinity Voice is not the same number that billiing is trying to transfer. I filled out the online form with the name and phone number and printed it out, so I am absolutely 100% certain I filled it out correctly because I'm staring at the piece of paper in front of me and the info is correct. Somehow billing is trying to use the phone number that I have associated with my Xfinity account (this is NOT the phone number that I want transferred over to Xfinity Voice). How do I fix this issue?

The phone number that billing is trying to transfer is associated with my T-Mobile cell phone. There is no way that I'm going to allow them to transfer my cell phone over to Xfinity Voice because I have everything (banks, bills, 2FA, etc.) associated with my cell phone.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Voice (billing is trying to transfer the incorrect phone number)

@jjf123 wrote:

I just upgraded to the X1 Triple Play Premium package today, but the phone number that I wanted to get transferred to Xfinity Voice is not the same number that billiing is trying to transfer. I filled out the online form with the name and phone number and printed it out, so I am absolutely 100% certain I filled it out correctly because I'm staring at the piece of paper in front of me and the info is correct. Somehow billing is trying to use the phone number that I have associated with my Xfinity account (this is NOT the phone number that I want transferred over to Xfinity Voice). How do I fix this issue?

The phone number that billing is trying to transfer is associated with my T-Mobile cell phone. There is no way that I'm going to allow them to transfer my cell phone over to Xfinity Voice because I have everything (banks, bills, 2FA, etc.) associated with my cell phone.

, thanks for posting about your porting concerns. We'd be unable to port your number from Tmobile to your Digital voice services without the proper Account number and pin. If the number being ported doesn't match the account info we have on our end, it will fail. I'd be happy to correct the number being ported. I got you private message to my personal inbox so I'll follow up with you there.

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!