Community Forum

Xfinity Visa gift card expired

Regular Visitor

LIke many others, I just realized that my Visa gift card has expired and we have not used any of it ($400). Can someone help me with submitting a request to reissue the card please?

Thanks, Chris

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Visa gift card expired

purplechris, thank you for reaching out here on the forums. I would love to have the opportunity to review this further with you! It's unfortunate to hear that the Visa expired before you got to use it! Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hi,

My xfinity gift card expired before I had the chance to use it. Is there any way I can have a reissued card? 

Thank you!

JD

Official Employee

jd21887, 

Thanks for taking the time to post to the forums about your gift card concerns. If the balance on the card hasn't been used, we'll be able to replace your card. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thanks Ken!  I see you've been able to help others as well.  I will message you too.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @partonsamsons, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I do see ComcastKen has replied to your private message to assist as well. Thanks! 

Frequent Visitor

I had the same issue - I got a gift card and was saving it for a major purchase, only to find out it has an expiration date!  I see that private messaging is no longer available for new users, could someone please, please help me!

Expert

@GP8008 wrote:

I had the same issue - I got a gift card and was saving it for a major purchase, only to find out it has an expiration date!  I see that private messaging is no longer available for new users, could someone please, please help me!

The sending of an unrequested private message is against Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.

You can read about the Private Message Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

thanks, I was unaware of this policy when I first posted... I've reached out on twitter, hopefully I can get help

New Poster

I'm in this same boat - is it still possible to get balances restored?

Expert

@xinec wrote:

I'm in this same boat - is it still possible to get balances restored?

If you have used the card and there is a balance remaining at the time of expiration, it will not be re-issued.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi All! Appreciate you taking the time to post on the forums about the status of your expired giftcard. As @Again mentioned, if you have used any part of your balance already, it cannot be restored however, if you got the card and never used it, we can reissue another. Please send me a private message with your full name for assistance. I'll also need details of the card like when you recieved it and for what line of service (XFINITY Mobile or residential) so it can help the team better track it down and confirm.  Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side and we'll get started. 

Ken

New Poster

Hello
I tried to use my gift card today and realized it was expired. When I tried to call program services, they flatly said it wasn't possible. Could someone from Comcast help me get a new card?
Regular Visitor

Like some others, I also didn't realize there was an expiration date on my Xfinity Mobile gift card.  I have never used the card.  Can someone please help me??

Official Employee

Rysalter, total bummer about the gift card, but if it was never used, I can help you get a new one to replace it. I got your private message and will follow up with you there. 

Ken

Official Employee

Hey CJ924. Appreciate you posting on this thread. I'm happy to help. Shoot me a private message with your name so I can investigate and get the team on this so we can send you another. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

Official Employee

CJ924, glad we were able to get your card reissued! Should be there within 4 weeks! Enjoy! Thanks for your business. 

Ken

Regular Visitor

Thank you Ken! Excellent customer service!
Regular Visitor

I do not see how to reach ComcastKenF via PM.  Can you help me?  I too have an un used VISA debit card that expired.

Thank you!

Official Employee

Hello @GLReese, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! We definitely want to get this further looked into and corrected. I can absolutely assist you with this expired Gift Card as well. Can you please make sure you have the most recent flash update on your device and try sending me a private message? 

Please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different. To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message. 

Regular Visitor

I sent you a private message - that option appeared using Chrome.  Thanks!!

Official Employee

GLReese, thanks for posting! I got your private message so I'll follow up with you there! 

Ken

Official Employee

GLReese, the card is on it's way! Should be there within 4 weeks so keep an eye out! Post again if you need anything else! 

Ken

Regular Visitor

I received a Visa gift card for switching to Xfinity Mobile. And I really like the service. I recently tried to use my xfinity gift card and found it to be expired. I don't recall ever getting a PIN to use it and now have this issue.

Can someone help me? I truly appreciate the help.

Official Employee

Hi mskweres! Appreciate you taking the time to post on the forums! I'd be happy to investigate your card and get it reissued to you as long as none of the funds were you used. I got your private message so I'll follow up there! 

Ken

Regular Visitor

That;s great, Ken!

Let me know if you need any more information. I did not use the card. I don't think I ever activated it. I don't recall getting a PIN.

Mark Skweres

New Poster

Hi Ken,

I see that you have been helpful for some other folks on here and I am in the same predicament.  I had a card issued, but never used.  Can you help get it reissued?  Thanks!

Official Employee

Hi @timlar125

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. I'd be more than happy to help get a new gift card issued in ComcastKenF's absence. I promise to be just as helpful as he is to all of his customers Smiley Happy. In order to assist you, can you please send me a private message? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message.  

New Poster

UPDATE: I clicked on your @ link below and the option to send a message appeared! Message sent!

Thansk!!

Hi @ComcastChe, I have the same issue but when I try to send you a message there's no option to do so on the next page. I'm logged in.

THanks!

Regular Visitor

Got our card - and quickly!!  Thanks!!!!

Official Employee

Hi @GLReese

Thanks for letting us know you received your gift card. I'm happy we were able to assist you. If there is anything we can assist you with in the future, don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you for being a valued member of the Comcast family. Take care. Smiley Happy 

Official Employee

Hey @ShaunaL

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. I was able to locate and reply to your private message. I just need to verify a few more pieces of information before I can begin. Chat with you soon. 

Regular Visitor

I'm in the same boat.  I just found the envelope with my gift card and never opened it since last September, and now it's expired.  I will send a PM!

Official Employee

Hello @352bsmith01, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! We definitely want to further look into this and get your expired gift card replaced. I would be more than happy to assist you with this. I have responded to your private message and look forward to your reply. 

New Poster

I have the same issue with never using my gift card and trying to get a replacment after it expired. - Jeff

Official Employee

Hi @jbaker544

We appreciate you posting to the Xfinity Forums to let us know you need a new gift card. I'd be happy to help. Let's see if we can get a new card issued. I have your private message and will be replying shortly. 

Regular Visitor

Hi,

I also got issued a $400 comcast gift card and haven't used any of the balance, can I get one reissued?

Official Employee

Hey @Dhung12

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums! I'd be happy to help get a new card issued. I've received your private message and will be replying shortly. 

New Poster

My unused cards expired as well.  Who can I reach out to to have them reissued?

Official Employee

@jrp77, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I can absolutely further look into this and get your expired gift cards reissued. I have responded to your private message if you could please get back to me at your earliest convenience. 

New Poster

Good Evening @ComcastAmira 

I also realized that I never used my $100 card before it expired on 7/19.  My card was issues on 1/18/19. Is it possible to reissue the card?  I did not have an option to message a Comcast employee on the board.

Thank you.

Expert

@thebordwt wrote:

Good Evening @ComcastAmira 

I also realized that I never used my $100 card before it expired on 7/19.  My card was issues on 1/18/19. Is it possible to reissue the card?  I did not have an option to message a Comcast employee on the board.

Thank you.

The sending of unrequested PM's is against Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  You can read about the PM Policy here.

Official Employee

Hi @thebordwt

@Again is right, however, I have replied to your private message to assist you in her absence. Chat with you soon. 

New Poster

hi @ComcastAmira @ComcastChe @ComcastKenF ,

I am in the same situation as other users- I was waiting to use the gift card after my wedding and just realized it has expired when I went to use it.  I couldn't see how to send a private message since I just registered to the forums, can you assist me in getting the card reissued?

thank you,

peter

Official Employee

Hello @pjb4, thanks for reaching out to us on Forums! I would be more than happy to assist you with this expired Gift Card concern. We definitely want to get your unused Gift Card reissued. I have responded to your private message if you could please get back to me at your earliest convenience. 

New Poster

Thank you, ComcastAmira.  I just replied to your message. 

Official Employee

@jrp77, Of course, and I have responded in our PM, thanks! 

Official Employee

@352bsmith01, I'm delighted that I was able to assist you with getting your expired gift card reissued. Please be sure to reach out to us for any future issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

Official Employee

@jrp77, I am so happy I was able to assist you with getting your expired gift card reissued. Please be sure to reach out to us for any future issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

Official Employee

@pjb4, I did not hear back from you in our Private Message or on here, so I will be closing it out. Please be sure to send me another PM if you still need assistance with this expired gift card concern. Please create another Public post if you need assistance with any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast.