Community Forum

Xfinity Streaming Beta vs Xfinity Streaming

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello Xfinity Support,

I have a new Roku TV and a Roku Streaming Stick+ that work fine.  I'm running "Xfinity Streaming BETA" on them using the required Xfinity WiFi gateway.  I understand that the BETA version specifically runs on the Xfinity WiFI gateway ONLY.  I want to switch back and forth between Internet providers and am told that the BETA version will NOT work on any other provider.  I was then told that I needed "Xfinity Streaming", non BETA, to run on any other internet provider.  I do an APP search through Roku and only the BETA version shows up in the selectable list.  Can you tell me when this non BETA version of the APP will be available?

Thanks, PER2070

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Streaming Beta vs Xfinity Streaming

You need to use a compatible device other than a Roku, iPhone, iPad etc. Roku is meant to be a cable box replacement not a traveling streaming device There’s no such thing as non Beta

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much!!  Could you please suggest a couple of these compatible devices so I know what to be looking for? 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-stream-beta-app-faqs
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks!!