Community Forum

Xfinity Standard box not working well with Samsung Curved UHD

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Xfinity Standard box not working well with Samsung Curved UHD

Hi, I just installed Samsung Curved UHD TV (MU6500 model) and connected the component from the cable box (not HD) to the component video of the TV.  I get black and white picture and it is grainy.   

It used to work well with my 65 LG UHD.

Xfinity guy came today tried everything but no success then he tried with Optical cable it worked but quality is not good as it was with Component cable.

Expert

Re: Xfinity Standard box not working well with Samsung Curved UHD

@nitinjadon wrote:

Hi, I just installed Samsung Curved UHD TV (MU6500 model) and connected the component from the cable box (not HD) to the component video of the TV.  I get black and white picture and it is grainy.   

It used to work well with my 65 LG UHD.

Xfinity guy came today tried everything but no success then he tried with Optical cable it worked but quality is not good as it was with Component cable.

what is the model of the set top box?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

It's a Standard (No HD) box,Mode No: RNG100

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

Hi, nitinjadon - Sounds like there is an issue with the cable box itself. I can ship you a new non-HD cable box if you send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.