Community Forum

Xfinity Service Availability?

Regular Visitor

Xfinity Service Availability?

Hello:

I have just purchased a new home. Xfinity advised it does not provide service to my address, but it does to my neighbors on each side of me. How can this be? What can be done to provide service to my new home? I have been a long time Xfinity customer at my previous house and am very surprised/disappointed in this new situation. Any suggestions? 

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Service Availability?

Hey there, Seb1! Thank you for reaching out here! I would love to take a look at this further to see how we can start service at your new address. To get started, please send us a PM with your first/last name as well as the address you're looking to start service at. Thank you! 

To send us a Private Message, please click “Comcast_Support” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am in a similar situation.  Did you ever find a solution?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi there. What serviceability typically comes down to is distance from our plant. There are many other factors that contribute as well, but we are speaking in general here to give you an idea. We handle serviceablity requests on a case-by-case bases, as each location is different. Sometimes there is a home with our service and another home within close proximity to that one that doesn't have our service or isn't able to get our service, because they are outside of the area that we can/will (depending on circumstances) extend service to. If it's close enough for us to successfully supply a quality level of service to from our plant, we are generally able to service that particular location. If it's outside of that, we can often get a build out cost to see what the cost would be to extend the service to you. Other times, we already have plans or are in the process of extending service to the home and would be able to provide you with those details if that were the case. Sometimes the decision is made to not service any given location upon request, but things could always change in the future unless we aren't able to physically extend service there. I hope that helps provide some clarity. We will respond to your private message shortly, mounties86.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I appreciate your response, but how do I make a request to extend service?