Community Forum

Xfinity Self install - Provisioning

New Poster

Xfinity Self install - Provisioning

Hey Forum,

I have a question about self install, I can't find any information about this. I'd like to get my parents off AT&T UVerse and get them onto Xfiniti. I have done the same thing, I was a long time Uverse customer, and then switched to Xfinity, I opted for the self install, provided my own modem and waited. At some point, someone from Xfinity needs to move the cable connection from the closest distribution point to your house. In otherwords, I was told I just need to call Xfinity, I called and attempted to activate, unfortunately the line from the telephone pole to the house was still connected to AT&T's network. My question is this, when self installing, is it assumed that when they tell you to go ahead and activate that some Xfiniti tech is dispatched and physically connects your service from their equipment to your house? How does one ensure this is done before the self insall activation proceeds? I want to be sure that when we do cancel AT&T, that we don't have additional downtime in making the switch. Are there any special terms or code words we need to toss around to make sure Xfiniti knows that we need someone to move our circuit from AT&T's network to XFiniti's?

In my case I had to wait for and addtional 5 days or so before someone from Xfiniti physically connected the run from the telephone pole to my house, once this was done activation was easy.

Thanks!

Expert

Re: Xfinity Self install - Provisioning

You won't be able to do a self-install. If you attempt it, they will still have to send a tech and they will still charge you the install fee - even if it's just to hook up the outside line. 

I am not an employee.