Community Forum

Xfinity Prepaid Refill, Error Reactivating, Can't Contact Customer Care

New Poster

Xfinity Prepaid Refill, Error Reactivating, Can't Contact Customer Care

I have had Verizon DSL for some time, and tried a month of Xfinity Prepaid to give it a try before switching over. My first month of service expired three days ago, and, today, I decided to refill it, to give it a little more of a try. I paid online for some additional time, and received a message saying that my payment had processed successfully, but that there was an error in reactivating my service, and that I needed to call Customer Care. I've been on hold with Customer Care for the better part of the past two hours, listening to the same couple of songs over and over. No estimated wait time, no offer to have a representative call me back, just the endless music and no one every answering. I couldn't stay on hold forever, particularly since there was no indication that anyone was ever going to answer. This has been frustrating and a waste of time. I had assumed that the service could be restarted immediately, since it had been active just a few days ago... but I can't even get through to someone to find out what is wrong, if things should have been reactivated immediately, or if I have to wait. My account does show the service as being active, and the expiration is scheduled as if my service had already started, which it hasn't. Incidentally, all of the lights on my router are on as they should be, and I even tried resetting it... but all I can access when trying to use the Internet is my Xfinity Prepaid account page. I'm really hoping that some who can help me responds to this. I wasted a couple of hours on hold, and I can't spend the rest of the day on hold not even knowing if someone is ever going to pick up.
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Prepaid Refill, Error Reactivating, Can't Contact Customer Care

Finally got through, and the problem was resolved... so, no help needed any longer.