Community Forum

Xfinity Phone Support Has No Connection to Field Support

Highlighted
Contributor

Xfinity Phone Support Has No Connection to Field Support

I have had the same problem since July 4th. I have reported it 4 times to Xfinity phone support. I will be reporting it for a 5th time today. Each time, they send out a field tech who has no idea what my problem is so he always wants to start out by checking the wall jacks and he can't read the phone support notes (or just doesn't care to read them).

Conversely, phone support can't read the field technician's notes because they are in a system called Watchtower so each new ticket starts from scratch every time and it gets frustration starting from square one again.

Anyway, my problem is intermittent and total service disruptions or internet disconnects, frozen TV or pixelated TV screen, and intermittent disruption of phone service. Actually, the problem became so severe, the entire neighborhood was reporting problems, and we had an xfinity guy roaming around the neighborhood to try and isolate the problem (that is exactly what the tech told me when I asked him if he was working on my problem).

Now the last time, a technician came out, he actually saw the problem at the junction box outside my house. He reported it in detail and it was (supposed to be) fixed within 48 hours (see my update where they never even issued a work order); however, the problem is back again. Now I have a call in for phone support. They will call me and schedule a tech to come out. He will want to check my wall jacks and will know nothing about the previous problems that affected the entire neighborhood.

In summary, there is no case history that can be accessed to continue troubleshooting where it left off before. I am just about at my wits end with xfinity support. If they can't fix it this time I will have to go to the "other guy's" service.

Contributor

Re: Xfinity Phone Support Has No Connection to Field Support

Update: So I finally placed mt 5th call in to support and they told me the only thing they saw on any recent report was that my "TV froze?" Also, they said they saw where the technician isolated the problem to be somewhere downstream but a work order was never issued to address the problem. And, since nobody ever keeps me updated, I had no idea what was happening or not happening.

Now, I am going to go on a chat conference call with an agent and supevisiors to see if they can properly address and fix this issue. However, if not, after 27 years as a loyal comcast customer, it is goodbye comcast and hello fios because I can't tolerate this lack of attention (ie, lip service without results) antmore.

Contributor

Update: Now they are sending out a supervisor and a technician between 12pm and 2pm EDST. The phone even developed a 1 way transmission problem while I was talking to the agent. In summary, If they try to start troubleshooting with my wall outlets again, its game over and goodbye comcast. This is a fix it or else last chance.

Contributor

Update: Tech ashowed up and found no issues (as usual). Superviser never showed up as promised and tech had no idea a superviser wa supposed to be there. I thanked him for his time and said goodbye to comcast. I will now have fios installed and disconnect comcast quickly thereafter.

Contributor

Update: Well, a comcast supervisor and bucket truck tech just knocked on my door to tell me they found a deteriorating feeder cable that was causing my infrequent signal degradation. So, why did they finally decide to investigate my complaint? Because a comcast technician is on that same feed at home and he reported having the same problem so they finally decided to believe me and look for the problem. I told the supervisior he may have just saved a customer but we will see if they fix it now. This has been a month-long nightmare!

Contributor

Update: I found out how they were handling my 5 trouuble report over a 30 day period without ever permanently resolving my issue. Here's what comcast did on a rotational basis:

A month ago they discovered a degraded feeder cable and most of my development was on that same feeder cable. So what they did was, when I complained, they moved me to another feeder cable, and swapped someone else onto the bad feeder cable. That's why my service was ok for a few days until the person they swapped onto the bad feeder cable complained and then they swapped us back so the complaint cycle wouold restart with me again.

The bucket trucks were observed at this main junction box every time I reported a problem but I didn't understand if they (supposedly) fixed my problem, why was it returning so frequently? I also know for a fact that my local telco does uses this same "bad plant swapping" technique to manage their copper plant trouble reports rather than replace it.

Anyway, I think it is a terrible way to handle an entire community problem instead of being honest and providing a quick resolution so we don't have to pay for 30 days of unreliable service.

Also, thank you to the comcast employee grapevine for the real story behind this mess.