Community Forum

Xfinity Mobile Fraud - Order I DID NOT MAKE

New Poster

Xfinity Mobile Fraud - Order I DID NOT MAKE

I received two emails stating I had placed these orders. I knew I did not so I called the 888-936-4968 number that was in the emails and reached the fraud dept who claims they canceled them. I then called 800-266-2278 and asked the Customer Service Rep what address these orders were to be sent to since I knew it wasn't mine. She stated they would be shipped to<forums violation>. The Fraudsters used my phone number and the email address of<forums violation>.

I thought the orders were canceled and then I received two texts stating welcome to Xfinity Mobile. This time I called 844-963-0011 and pressed 1 for orders that I didn't place and waited on hold for 15 minutes before I was told that there was nothing else they could do and that we have to wait for them to investigate the order in order for it to be really canceled. Very disappointed in Xfinity not looking out for the customer.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Mobile Fraud - Order I DID NOT MAKE

The 0011 number is for customers who are in manual review for a new order, not for fraud concerns you are speaking of. I encourage you to reach out to the customer security assurance team here: 844-335-8719

New Poster

I received an email from Xfinity about confirmation of two orders that were being processed at midnight and 1:07 in the morning stating "We got Your Order". So the mail provided a phone number to contact to dispute the order. So I was like great and I called the number provided (888) 936-4968 to cancel the order since it was not me. I only have internet service, use a different provider for my cell phone and have no need for Xfinity Mobile.  Sure enough I call the number and speak with a nice enough person who then explains I have to  be transferred to the fraud department and I think to myself no big deal. 

I then speak with someone with a heavy accent in a call center which I can only guess is in New Deli or close thereof.  So this seems a bit off so while I am on hold I confirm the phone number and email is not some sort of phishing scam to which it is not, but the gentleman on the phone attemps to help, but there is static on the line and you can hear other voices in the background making the conversation difficult to decipher. In any event after giving him the information I ask that any and all orders be  stopped immediately and I ask for further information regarding the attempted shipping destination and what the order consisted of to which I was told I was not entitled to the information since it was not me who placed the order, he then put me on hold and I was disconnected and returned back to the original call center.

I am about twenty minutes into this saga and repeat the information once again to the call center they then refer me back to the fraud department and I start all over again.  This time it is another person, a woman who also has a heavy accent and is difficult to understand. In any event we manage to communicate well enough for her to tell me she was going to get these two items cancelled. I then relayed I would like to know the items purchased, where they were to be shipped-if not the exact address, then the city and state so I could contact either the state attorney general's office or local police department to file a complaint.  Once again I was denied the information under the pretense of company privacy issues. I then asked for some sort of documentation in the form of an email from then confirming I had disputed the transaction therefore would have something to provide to the local pd/AG office and was told I would receive an email shorty thereafter. 

Nine hours later passed with still no email so I googled the issue  and I was alarmed at some of the responses found with people who had similar issues with Xfinity some weeks/months later with still had no resolution.  So I called them back up and after some 45 minutes spoke with the fraud department who infomed me they had 24 hours to get back to me. They further stated although they understood my dilema, they could not possibly provide me with any other information regarding this incident.  The only advice I received was to change my user name and password which I did and created several security layers to hopefully prevent this from happening again in the future., oh and the Comcast Fraud webpage to fill out the affidavit and get it notarized-gee thanks a million.   So I get passed on again to a different department who is supposed to give me the information so I can fill out a proper complaint with the authorities as to what the charges were for and where it was to be shipped. Same deal so i ask to speak with a supervisor and I explain my continued frustration that Xfinity allows someone to order two phones to my account at some unknown address and when I as the customer wish to contest this issue run me through the ringer and provide me nothing other than we will get back to you. So unlike may others I actually am willing to go through the steps necessary to catch whatever piece of dung that is stealing from one of their alleged valuable customers and I explain to her that I am going to the authorities to complain about an attempted fraudulent purchase, but the who, what, where is not available only the when and why should anyone care?

Your business practice is pathetic. You are more concerned with the privacy of some unknown criminal than your own customers.  

Thanks a soon to be former customer.

Valued Contributor

Good morning,

Thankfully I've not been put into the problem that many are dealing with(knock wood), but it could happen, evidently at any time. I certainly feel for you folks.

One question I've got, and perhaps an OE can respond and answer. Why does Comcast continue to allow shipment for orders to anywhere other than the billing address? Many, acutally most, of the posts we see have phones being shipped to a different address. It would appear that a change of policy concerning shipping to billing addresses only would, at the very least, slow these issues down just a bit.

I understand if a personal account is totally hacked, and the billing address is changed, this could still happen, but a few measures could be institued to at least let the customer know of these changes before costly phone orders could be made. Something in the line of a one week delay on any account changes/orders, so as to give the customer an opportunity to verify the changes thru Comcast channels, such as by email to an existing personal email account or authentication via text to personal cell.

Just some thoughts...

Good luck with your battles!

Looking forward to some type of response here...

Gene

Official Employee

Hi all, 

Please visit www.xfinity.com/fraudclaimform to submit a claim or call the Customer Security Assurance ID Theft team at 844-335-8719 as soon as possible. The CSA team is the corporate team investigating fraud claims and can answer any questions you have. 

KenF

New Poster

Xfinity doesn't care, because they get paid and they couldn't care less where the money comes from.

I am currently dealing with this same issue.  Had someone purchase several iPhones and plans through my account almost a YEAR ago.  Was told it was taken care of, and here we are.  Trying my 3rd call today just to get the fraudsters credit card taken off my account.

Xfinity Mobile being its own company or section or w/e is ridiculous.  When this first happened I was transfered back and forth between companies and no one had any idea what was going on.

Official Employee

Hello RSUrish377, I can assist you with getting this resolved so you don't have to keep dealing with the same problem. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, phone number and past ticket numbers by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?