Community Forum

Xfinity Maintenance Visit

New Poster

Xfinity Maintenance Visit

This morning at 7:54am a Xfinity maintenance worker showed up unannounced at my house.  He said that "my system" probably made the maintenace request.  I told him I knew nothing of his visit.  He said my system was sending error messages and could he connect his cable to it.  I said, no thanks.  Everything was working well to my knowledge.

Does this sound like a legitmate visit?  He did have a Xfinity van.

Expert

Re: Xfinity Maintenance Visit

@Rogerfmathews wrote:

This morning at 7:54am a Xfinity maintenance worker showed up unannounced at my house.  He said that "my system" probably made the maintenace request.  I told him I knew nothing of his visit.  He said my system was sending error messages and could he connect his cable to it.  I said, no thanks.  Everything was working well to my knowledge.

Does this sound like a legitmate visit?  He did have a Xfinity van.

If you're not sure whether or not a visit is legit, ask to see their employee badge and then phone customer service.  If they won't show you their badge, tell them bye-bye and call the police.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!