Community Forum

Xfinity Internet service price increase

New Poster

Xfinity Internet service price increase

Hi, 
I have been a loyal customer for Xfinity internet for around 4 years now. I found out recently by accident that what I am being asked to pay as my monthly service charge ($70) is more than double what the new member promotional price for a year is ($30).  I don't want to bundle the services, and the $30 promotion is also for customers signing up for internet only. 
I believe given the price difference (more than double), as a customer, it does make sense to put up with the inconveinence of moving out  (i have my own router, so it is a little bit easier).

But i wonder why Xfinity would follow this policy?  I understand cost of acquisition, but there is also a cost of retention. Not losing a cusotmer = Gaining one (especially loss due to the presence of the very promotion that is supposed to gain customers).
Will someone be willing to consider my case and see if i can continue as a customer, thereby retaining me as a benefit for the company, while saving me the inconvenience of moving? 

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Internet service price increase

Could someone from comcast reply to this thread?

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Internet service price increase

Hello, jaygiri. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

I'd be more than happy to take a look and see if there are any new promotions available that could help lower your monthly bill. 

Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!