Community Forum

Xfinity Internet at new construction

New Poster

Xfinity Internet at new construction

I am moving into a new construction house in an exisiting neighborhood in a Comcast service area. I should be moving in 7/31. When I try to look up the address to the new house on the Xfinity website to purchase Internet services, it doesn't show up. How can I tell if the house is Internet-ready? What do I need to do to ensure the house will be ready for Internet access/installation on or around 7/31?

Expert

Re: Xfinity Internet at new construction

@dkcpa wrote:

I am moving into a new construction house in an exisiting neighborhood in a Comcast service area. I should be moving in 7/31. When I try to look up the address to the new house on the Xfinity website to purchase Internet services, it doesn't show up. How can I tell if the house is Internet-ready? What do I need to do to ensure the house will be ready for Internet access/installation on or around 7/31?

Contact the builder to make sure the house will be wired for cable.

Just an FYI, until you actually close and the address is released to the Post Office you can't schedule an installation.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi there, dkcpa. 

I can double-check into your address, and submit a ticket for a survey if it is available. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello again, dkcpa. 

I wanted to reach out and touch base before closing out the post. 

Did you have any other questions? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

I am now closing this post out due to inactivity.

Please reach out again if you need any help! 

Take care and thanks for being a Comcast customer!