Community Forum

Xfinity Internet Pricing for Existing Customers is Extortion

New Poster

Xfinity Internet Pricing for Existing Customers is Extortion

Xfinity - today I called to downgrade my plan from Triple Play to Double Play (Internet and Phone), but was told there is no option for double play for existing customers, and furthermore, that Internet service alone would cost me $101 per month for 25 mbps. I was offered no other options, and I was not transferred to a customer retention agent. As a result, I'm looking into satellite internet providers, since Xfinity is conveniently the only standard internet provider available for my block. I'm reporting you to the BBB and I'm appalled at this attempt to extort money from customers who have no other options - 25mbps should be $40 a month. I work from home but do not watch cable and have no need to continue paying you $150 a month. I'm sorry if that makes you angry, but that doesn't make it reasonable or a fair business practice for you to charge double the price for standalone services. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Internet Pricing for Existing Customers is Extortion

I am in a similar situation, and just called them today as well after my bill almost doubled.  No promotions (or reasonable rates, for that matter) for existing loyal customers.  Instead I got pushed to purchase an internet only 'promotion' for more than my bill is currently with TV and Internet.  It's truly illogical and a slap in the face to existing customers.  $100 a month for basic internet service is outrageous!

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Regular Visitor

Just want to post a follow-up here regarding my experience.  I got amazing, personalized service from ComcastShane, and my situation was resolved very favorably!  I wish Comcast as a whole had this level of customer service!

Official Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us and I am happy I was able to assist you. If you need any further help going forward please reach out to us, we are always here to assist. Have a great day.