Community Forum

Xfinity Installation Techs

New Poster

Xfinity Installation Techs

I grew up as a child using Comcast, then switching to xfinity, which I enjoy and why I have devoted my loyalty to the brand.
I purchased internet for myself finally and attempted to go the cheaper route by getting the self install kit.
The self install kit would have worked great if my lines were connected correctly. Unfortunately I had to schedule an appointment for a tech to come out and get me up and running.
The appointment was 2pm-4pm, I took off of work at 1pm to get home and a decent time. Getting home to my dog urinating on the floor at 1:50 pm, I begin to clean up the mess, so it is not messy and clean for when the tech arrives.
The tech calls me at 2:14 pm and I inform him that I’m cleaning my dogs mess give me a couple minutes and he can come in.
2:16pm the tech calls me and says he has to go to another job and a tech shall arrive in 5-10 minutes.
3:50 pm I call Xfinity and ask if a tech is still arriving before 4 pm.
Customer service informs me that the tech showed up and nobody was home, which is false and I can prove by iPhone location.
These experiences break loyalties to brands. This is unacceptable and unprofessional.
I thank you for the $40 off the installation fee, that should help me with missing 6 hours of work at $25 an hour.
Thank you xfinity for the unprofessionalism and compensation.