Community Forum

Xfinity Fiber being installed in my area

Regular Visitor

Xfinity Fiber being installed in my area

I just received a door tag today that states that xfinity will be installing fiber in my area in a few days.

With fiber, does this mean that my upload speeds will be much higher now? Right now I have 150 down, but upload can only reach 5-6 mbps, and it has been that way for years. Hopefully, fiber will insure that the upload matches the download.

Can anyone officially confirm this, or that it may be possible?

Thanks

Expert

Re: Xfinity Fiber being installed in my area

Getting a Fiber transmission line allows for a large increase in capacity for people and services.

I would just wait at first and look for better experience. You will most likely see better down-load and up-load speeds with your current level of service.

And yes; higher speed service should come available if you actually require, or just want it.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Fiber being installed in my area

Benisilin-- I just replied to your other thread for a 4K box. As for this question, I would need to look in your area and account to see what current speeds you have. As posted in the other thread, can you verify your account with me? 

To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.