Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Xfinity Email Concerning Moving to New Email Servers

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Email Concerning Moving to New Email Servers

I received an Xfinity email message this evening apologizing for disrupted email service due to a migration to new servers.

Late last week I spent several hours diagnosing my home network, router and PC trying to determine why I was unable to receive email.  This issue finally resolved itself after 18 or so hours.

I purposely did not call Comcast tech support as I did not want to pay for a service call.  Most of us know how difficult it is to have that resolved.

Don't you think you could have at least sent out an email prior to the migration alerting your users about possible email interruptions?

It would have been the curteous thing to do.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Email Concerning Moving to New Email Servers

I am now experiencing the exact same thing.  NO notice at all for my email in Lakewood, CO.  Nothing!  My email has been down all week and I am just disgusted.  I have called Comcast repeatedly and not one agent this week ever told me this - instead, they reset my modem, keep me in the phone going through trouble shooting steps and then tell me they will have to send someone out!!!  For crying out loud - how stupid can these people be!  Every time I have been with Comcast - they have extremely POOR customer support and service.  I keep getting routed to some agent in foreign countries I cannot even understand and half the time they are clueless.  I always tell them to transfer me back to the United States.  They can be offended if they want to be but I want agents working on these issues in the USA that I can understand.  I will be asking for a reduction in this month's service costs.

So I call AGAIN this morning and am told I am being migrated to a new system and it could be another 24 - 48 hours!  First time any Comcast agent told me this all week!