Community Forum

Xfinity/Comcast Sale Reps/Techs/Etc/.

New Poster

Xfinity/Comcast Sale Reps/Techs/Etc/.

I had been a long time customer with Mediacom, Internet only, and it seemed like the bill was continually rising.

3 days ago, the Wife & I were in Walmart and we encountered an Xfinity sales rep who said the following: Hight speed Internet, 100 MBS, 1000 GB of monthly data, $44 per month and you can cancel at any time. Plus if I do the Auto Pay there is a $5 discount. WOW! Sign me up. Now I get home and proceeed to start the new service, I have my own Netgear  

C1000 Modem/Router which I will use. Yes, I called for assistance. The Techs were excellent, patient, knowledgeable and very helpful. I'm up within a few minutes.  Now I check my account. The monthly bill is going to be $54 per month...... So I speak with a Rep. I purchased the "Blast" and was told what the cost would be and it wasn't $54 per month....

Ok, agent said that would be fixed. We also discussed no need for a company modem. Next I see the bill is $44.95 because I am being charged an additional $10 for High Speed (75 MBS). I asked if I didn't take that option what would my speed be and I was told 60 MBS. That's fast enough for me. Ok we are finally getting somewhere. Then I get an email saying my UPS Package will be delivered today. I can't say for sure but I think it might contain a Modem.... We'll see. If it does I shall take it to the local Xfinity store. On the plus side of all this I like the internet service, I like the site and also the email.  Xfinity/Comcast from sales to administration needs a fix. I am thankful that the Techs were excellent.  

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity/Comcast Sale Reps/Techs/Etc/.

JKS44 wrote: ... with Mediacom ... it seemed like the bill was continually rising. ... Hight speed Internet, 100 MBS, 1000 GB of monthly data, $44 per month and you can cancel at any time. ...

Chances are very good that:

1. The price is a temporary, introductory one that will automatically increase after 6, 12, or 24 months
  2. If you cancel before the specified term is up, you'll owe an Early Termination Fee

You may want to reread the fine print that should have been supplied by your rep, and the terms that should be posted in https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/account#legal-agreements-contract. If applicable, also see http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Billing/Early-Termination-Fees-ETF/m-p/2895117#M96760.

Official Employee

Hello JKS44, the information BruceW gave is correct. Do you need any further assistance? 

New Poster

I appreciate the reply I received and I am happy with the service provided.

Just one note if I may, I was told that I should have read the fine print, and I agree, BUT,

does my reading the fine print allow your salesperson to lie to me? Let's review what he said.....

39.99 for life - Wrong - your fine print says 12 months

Cancel anytime without fee - Wrong you stated the penalty for cancelling early.

100MBS - Wrong - 75MPS but at an added $10.00 per month.

I said I didn't ned the extra 15MBS, but the last time I checked my account the $10 charge was there.

On the positive side, the support info Xfinity/Comcast has provided has been excellent.  

I am glad I switched from Mediacom to Xfinity/Comcast. 

Official Employee

Hello JKS44, do you need any further assistance?