Community Forum

Xfinity Bad internet service

New Poster

Xfinity Bad internet service

It’s been more than 1 month of bad internet service and I am tied of Comcast service . I am paying 50$ for having 100mbs of speed but I am getting less than 20mbs speed .
Seems no one is interested to fix this problem and today agent told me that these things are happening because I am using my own modem which is not compatible with the 100 mbs. How funny it is.
Comcast is not capable of fixing the problem and that’s th reason they are saying my modem is not good. They have the monopoly to use their modem by paying 10$ per month. I am really tied to talk with them everyday for 40mins and no solution.
Please help me out from this issue.
Expert

Re: Xfinity Bad internet service

Hi @Darshi

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Bad internet service

Hi @Darshi

Are you still having issues with your internet? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!