Community Forum

XRE-00253 ERROR

Frequent Visitor

XRE-00253 ERROR

Spent 4 days, 2 trips to the Comcast store for different boxes, over 4 hours on the phone with a half dozen techs and mean tweeting customer cares and still get this error. Tried changing the coax because a tech said the signal is too low. Tried different outlets where my TiVo equipment works fine. I am so frustrated. 

They said a higher level tech will call back but nothing. Thank god for my TiVo equipment or I wouldn’t have any tv.

i had similar issues pairing my cable cards when I got new TiVo box. 

I know it’s about getting the right person on the line but it should not have to be like that. 

Any help or direction is appreciated 

Official Employee

Re: XRE-00253 ERROR

It’s an initialization error code, either the initialization failed, or the rate codes or the cable box information isn’t correct. Escalated to a colleague who can take a look at all your equipment and account information
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, the box has since been disconnected. If someone is going to do something, I will need to reconnect it. 

Official Employee

Hello Err-16. I can troubleshoot your XRE error further, and check the rate codes on your account. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you but I got someone form the advanced team to get to the right engineering area to correct my issue.

Official Employee

Thanks for responding to me and letting me know. Please let us know if you need any further support. Thank you.