Community Forum

XG1v4 or Xi6 box request

Highlighted
New Poster

XG1v4 or Xi6 box request

Just got relocated for a new job. My old house had fios, and I will miss it, but the town I moved to only has Xfinity.

I saw that Xfinity has 4k boxes, but there's not too much info on how to actually get one.  This thread instructs to make a forum post to request a 4k box.

So can I request a XG1v4? (Or an Xi6 according to this article .)

The Xfinity tech came over yesterday to get me started with services. When I inquired about the v4 box he said he did not have any.

Dan
Highlighted
Expert

Re: XG1v4 or Xi6 box request

@lacesOUT wrote:

Just got relocated for a new job. My old house had fios, and I will miss it, but the town I moved to only has Xfinity.

I saw that Xfinity has 4k boxes, but there's not too much info on how to actually get one.  This thread instructs to make a forum post to request a 4k box.

So can I request a XG1v4? (Or an Xi6 according to this article .)

The Xfinity tech came over yesterday to get me started with services. When I inquired about the v4 box he said he did not have any.

there are two types. one is a DVR (xg1v4) has no clock small device has SSD hard drive. the non-DVR will only work with one of two Xfinity rental modems and normally communicates with teh xfinity modem via wifi. it can work with wired ethernet. no coax input connector. you could also use a Roku device and then you need no equipment in the home. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!