Community Forum

XFi Guest network needed

New Poster

XFi Guest network needed

Offering a true guest wifi network has been a feature on many home routers for years for very good reason.  It is absolutely a needed basic feature for people these days.  Xfi does not offer this.  Asking people to use their Comcast login is not a solution as guests often do not have comcast as their ISP.  Xfi is trying to take on all the high feature mesh wireless routers that are on the market and they need to add guest to really compete.  I had to go back to google wifi router to keep my guest as my kids have friends over all the time.  I would just assume use Comcast for my wireless since Xfi now has such great features like pausing and tracking useage.  

I am basically sure this will be added in the future - but comcast please do this sooner rather than later.  

New Poster

Re: XFi Guest network needed

I agree this is needed immediately! And it should be a warning that you will lose your guest network when you "upgrade" to XFi.  

Regular Visitor

I could not agree more.  Comcast should strive to offer the best products with best-of-market functionality.  The xFi product has a nice app but has a weaker signal and less functionality than the market.  A guest network seems like basic functionality. 

New Poster

I just dumped my owned Arris cable modem and started leasing an xFi compatible cable modem party because the Comcast rep confirmed for me that I could set up a guest network on it.  Real bummer to find out this isn't possible.  I thought xFi was supposed to do more than just let you name your devices...what about intrusion detection?  I don't see where I get to authorize devices to be on my network.  The rep said I could do that, too.

New Poster

You used to be able to do this and just realized last montht that it is no longer working.  Are you saying that they remove this as a feature?  How ridiculous. I refuse to give my code, bandwidth and data to every tom dic and harry in my house?  I love the guest log in as a wayt o manage that.