Community Forum

XFINITY Website is USELESS for making adjustments to your plan

New Poster

XFINITY Website is USELESS for making adjustments to your plan

The website is incredibly frustrating to use for EXISTING customers. Several times now, I have clicked on Shop/Upgrade, and then "Manage Plan" to get this message. So i have absolutely no idea what packages I could possibly upgrade to.  And this is why getting TV service from AT&T & DirecTV seems like a better idea.  Most of the time, it's not really a good time to be on the phone late at night with a comcast sales rep when i just want to look up info on line.  I don't really want someone me strongarming me into making decisions with my plan.

Capture.PNG

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: XFINITY Website is USELESS for making adjustments to your plan

A known forum issue is preventing us from seeing your screenshot, but from the sounds of it, it's the "can't manage your account" error message that insists you need to call. It's a known issue, still not fixed:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Can-t-manage-your-account-online-Getting-an-error/m-p/...

A Comcast employee will most likely be along soon to help.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there are any available promotions for you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

New Poster

Hi,

I ended up calling customer service, so your help is no longer necessary, but I would like to note that shopping upgrade options SHOULD NOT be the ordeal that it is for existing customers.

Valued Contributor

This is a known issue that is being worked on. I have been an Xfinity, DirecTV, Dish Network, Armstrong, etc customer. Believe me, there may be problems with Xfinity and customer service, but it is BY FAR the best provider as to what they offer with their TV service. The on demand service is superior, the DVR service is superior, and it is all much easier to use and navigate compared to other providers. The new XI5 boxes are magnificent. (Internet service is superior with consistency and speed as well, unless you are 1 out of a million who has intermittent issues) Keep in mind, what you see here is a small sample out of MILLIONS and MILLIONS of customers... Most are happy with the service itself, and have smooth sailing with their customer service experience.