Community Forum

XB6-T modem

Contributor

XB6-T modem

Is it possible to request the XB6-T modem. My local xfinity store only has the XB6-A. I tried to call xfinity but the lady had no idea there were 2 models. I also tried chat and the rep said they had no way to tell what modem I would get. The tech who did my install a few month ago and the xfinity reps here all said to avoid the XB6-A and get the technicolor version. 

Im hoping the xfinity modem will smooth out my fluxuating signal and allow me to use the voice service included in my plan. 

Official Employee

Re: XB6-T modem

Hello JoeInPa, I can assist you with getting an XB6 modem shipped to you. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and we can get started. 

Contributor

Thank you for helping me. People in this forum are way better than the phone or chat tech support. PM sent

Official Employee

JoeInPa, due to back order the XB6 is only being given to new customers. We hope to have the inventory caught up by 4th quarter of this year. 

Diamond Problem Solver

@ComcastAmir wrote:

JoeInPa, due to back order the XB6 is only being given to new customers. We hope to have the inventory caught up by 4th quarter of this year. 

Re-opened topic. Question for @ComcastAmir

Does that apply to both the XB6-A and the XB6-T or just the T model ?

Contributor

Im hoping that doesnt apply to defective replacements.  

Xfinity today said they are sending me a replacement XB6 because the xfinity hotspot wont enable and the modem must be defective.  Im hoping they arent sending me the wrong modem (XB3) for the second time.  

Official Employee

EG wrote: Does that apply to both the XB6-A and the XB6-T or just the T model ?

This applies for both models for the XB6 modem. 

Diamond Problem Solver

O/k thank you for your rapid reply !! Smiley Happy

Re-locked.

Official Employee

@EG, no problem.