Community Forum

X1 service and the cloud DVR (Denver Metro)

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

X1 service and the cloud DVR (Denver Metro)

Please bear with me as I have a lot to ask and try and find out.  Currently we have the following service - X1 PREMIER PRO.  This says it includes the premium DVR service.  Now firstly, does this include the Cloud DVR or only an X1 DVR box?  I ask this because I have several Roku's in the house and I see no DVR function on the Xfinity Streaming app, but from what I have found from looking around, the Cloud DVR should be available on the streaming app on partner devices, of which the Roku's are.

I am asking this because currently we have no X1 box, we have TiVos because I didn't want all the charges from having to have 3 extra Comcast boxes because it starts to get expensive after awhile and with the TiVo, I can get cable in each room for just the price of the TiVo Mini's which end up paying for themselves versus renting several Comcast boxes in perpetuity, especially when you consider that I am already paying $15 to rent the gateway from Comcast.

But, we are thinking of dumping TiVo and going with an X1 box.  But I basically want what I have now, be able to have access to cable in multiple rooms without having to rent multiple boxes.  So if we can have the one X1 box in the main room and access the DVR through the Xfinity app on the Roku's in the other rooms, that would be ideal. 

So do I have this all correct? Or does the premiere DVR service that comes with my plan not include the cloud DVR? And, if we were to get one X1 box and dump the TiVos, is that box already included in the cost of my plan? Or is there an extra charge for the first X1 box too? Just trying to figure out what to do going forward to get the best value for our money with things being tighter than usual because of everything going on.

Thank you in advance for any and all help on clearing this all up.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 service and the cloud DVR (Denver Metro)

What does it take to get an answer around here?  Especially since it's near impossible to call and talk to anyone!  It's been 2 weeks since I posted this amd I have received NO RESPONSE!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: X1 service and the cloud DVR (Denver Metro)

One month with no help and counting.  Absolutely STELLAR work by the customer service team here.