Community Forum

X1 nothing but problems

Regular Visitor

X1 nothing but problems

I just absolutely cannot take this anymore. Their upgrade has made the system worse. Before it I could have my modem downstairs. Now it has to be upstairs. Not an improvement. Now for the last week the tv stops and says "Something isn't right" I have to spend disconnecting (5) boxes, shutting down the DVR (main box) and pray it comes up okay. More times than not I have to do this procedure 2-3 times per box. This morning not only did I have to do this, I had to do one tv FOUR times because ones I got it up and running the remote didn't work and I got the message that We can't connect and once again disconnect, blah, blah. I can't take this anymore. They say Direct tv is awful but anything is better than this. I think I'm going to just use my Amazon fire stick and so what I don't get all the stations or current at the moment. Then I bet you dollars to donuts Comcast will come up with some exorbinant fee to charge me for stopping their service and YES my 2 yr contract is up so once again they have raised the monthly charge to $262 from under $200. There is no senior citizen discount (86 yrs old), no valued customer that has been over 20yrs discount. I have to figure out how to get tv which is my only means of entertainment these days that works and is not so expensive

Official Employee

Re: X1 nothing but problems

I can certainly check this for you from here if you would like. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name exactly as it's listed on the billing statement? To send a private message click on my name, then click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!