Community Forum

X1 box damaged by lightning power spike

Frequent Visitor

X1 box damaged by lightning power spike

Hello,

We had major thunderstorms on Aug 1.  Power blinked out.  Now my X1 box has no video output from HDMI port.  Audio works through a/v jacks, and am able to change channels from remote and tablet xfinity app.  I have disconnected and unplugged several times.  No effect.  Tried several TVs, too.  Can Xfinity send me a new box? I can connect and return old one.  I won't have time to get to xfinity office to do the swap.

Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: X1 box damaged by lightning power spike

Hi SAARNO1, sorry to hear about your cable box but I can help get a new one out to you.   Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, and phone number). 

Thank you 

Expert

adding....did you try swapping the HDMI cable? (be sure to attach to the X1 set top box on the correct "out to TV" outlet).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Yes, i swapped cables out and verified all connections. It definitely started after the hit and outage.  Sounds like several neighbors lost a/v components as well.   Gotta love storms!

Official Employee

Hi SAARNO1, thank you for working with me through private message and glad to hear you got your new cable box and it is  fully working.  Please reach out if you need any assistance in the future.

Thank you for your time!