Community Forum

X1 available in dunnellon but not really? Phone reps say yes, only store rep who works there says no

Regular Visitor

X1 available in dunnellon but not really? Phone reps say yes, only store rep who works there says no

So, I've been trying to get X1 since I've moved to this town, which supports 100 mbps by the way, but apparently not X1 according to local store reps.

Then when I call the customer support number, they tell me otherwise, they say it's available right in the store and I should pick one up. Now when i attempt to "pick one up", the store rep, tells me the system is "Too Old".

Mind you, I have a friend who is a tech and used his dsam, to run doxis and discover all specs meet required standards for X1 support. Before i asked him to drive and help, I've contacted corporate who said it was a coding issue, had techs come out and say it would work, and then even get a call from xfinity that its now available in my area!

Now I'm extremely annoyed and this is my last try before I post this on every consumer and tech forum I can for the downright poor customer service, false advertisement from representatives, and false information on as to why it's not if the system supports it.

Hope you don't disappoint me again.
Admin1

Re: X1 available in dunnellon but not really? Phone reps say yes, only store rep who works there ...

Hi RichyTheGreek -- The information you received from the store agent is correct. We do not support X1 in the Dunnellon area yet. We are actively working on making X1 available in all areas.