Community Forum

X1 and Tivo

Frequent Visitor

X1 and Tivo

Right now I am paying way to much for Xfinity Starter Double Play (it just went up again).  The only Comcast equipment I use is a cablecard for my Tivo Bolt & Mini.

I have an offer that would be cheaper if I go with X1 Starter Double Play.

I've read that X1 will work with Tivo, but will I still be required to get an X1 Box?  Does that mean I have to attach the Bolt to the X1 box?  Can I do without an X1 box altogether?

When I try to make the switch online, there is no option to not get a box at all and it also shows that I would need to return my equipment, "Service with TV Box(currently leasing)" which I assume is the cablecard.

Official Employee

Re: X1 and Tivo

TiVo and the X1 platform are entirely separate. If you change you’ll disconnect the TiVo and hook up an X1 box.
Frequent Visitor

that makes no sense, other people are obviously using tivo

I don't care to actually use the X1 service, but I will have the x1 starter package and I'm wondering how that works with hooking up tivo.

Official Employee

Sure other people use TiVo with and without the X1 platform
Official Employee

I’ve escalated it up to a colleague to see if they can’t find you a package that you don’t have to change equipment for
Admin1

Hi leenga -- You can have a package with X1 in the name, such as X1 Starter Double Play, however you're not required to get an X1 box to have this package and can continue to use your TiVo unit. You can use X1 and TiVo simultaneously if you have multiple TV's. TiVo and X1 do not hookup to each other.

Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will review available packages in your area.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks ComcastZach!  Maybe you should explain this to ComcastAndrew!  That is exactly the information I was looking for!

Regular Visitor

I have the same issue as the OP. I have two CableCards (in my TiVo Roamio Pro and WMC Ceton InfiniTv) plus my own cable modem. I have no Comcast equipment whatsoever and want to keep it that way. Unfortunately, the better plan offers in my account don't seem to allow that. Can you help please me ComcastZach? I appreciate it.