Community Forum

X1 TV Box replacement issue

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

X1 TV Box replacement issue

Three times I have used the "chat with xfinity" feature to troubleshoot an X1 tv box (coax cable in / HDMI out).

Two times I have received a "wireless" box, even though I supplied the serial number of the defective box. The third attempt to get the right box resulted in a confirmation text on April 30 with a link to the second incorrect shipment which had been delivered that same morning.  I am afraid to keep trying to handle the issue through "chat", and with all the stores closed, I can't just walk in to swap the box.

How can I get this resolved?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: X1 TV Box replacement issue

@jonguthrie wrote:

Three times I have used the "chat with xfinity" feature to troubleshoot an X1 tv box (coax cable in / HDMI out).

Two times I have received a "wireless" box, even though I supplied the serial number of the defective box. The third attempt to get the right box resulted in a confirmation text on April 30 with a link to the second incorrect shipment which had been delivered that same morning.  I am afraid to keep trying to handle the issue through "chat", and with all the stores closed, I can't just walk in to swap the box.

How can I get this resolved?

do you have a modern Xfinity rental gateway/modem?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes.

Highlighted
Expert

@jonguthrie wrote:

Yes.

does the set top box that isn't working have a coax 'input' connector on it? or just ethernet and HDMI?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes. It has coax in and hdmi out to tv.  Worked fine for months. The box feels like it gets warmer than it should. I'm just trying to get the replacement box that accepts coax.  A wireless box works in this location, but it is very unreliable because of the distance from our modem. That is why a tech installed this particular box.

Highlighted
Expert

@jonguthrie wrote:

Yes. It has coax in and hdmi out to tv.  Worked fine for months. The box feels like it gets warmer than it should. I'm just trying to get the replacement box that accepts coax.  A wireless box works in this location, but it is very unreliable because of the distance from our modem. That is why a tech installed this particular box.

you could side step their inability by asking for an xg1v4 DVR (has coax in) and is 4k capable and a DVR. else you need a non 4k xi3 or xiD or xg2 set top box.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

It’s been escalated to an Official Employee to help you out

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks! At this moment I am still waiting to hear from someone from Xfinity. Hopefully soon. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for escalating this @CCAndrew . I have been patiently waiting to hear from someone with Comcast, but it is very quiet.

I'm thinking of putting in a service call, but that shouldn't be necessary.   I need help, please.  My wife is unhappy!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello jonguthrie, I'd be happy to assist you with getting a new box sent out that has coax/hdmi features. Please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message" and we can start your order. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Please help me!  I've sent two private messages to @ComcastAmir  with no response concerning my problem.  Thank you to @CCAndrew  and @Rustyben  who have both at least responded. I do not like to ask for anyone to help, but this is an issue that I am not able to resolve on my own.  I need someone from Comcast to step up and solve my problem.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello jonguthrie, thank you for your patience. I replied to your private message please reach back out to me there for further assistance. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAmir please let me know if anything is being done to solve my problem.  I have provided you the information you requested each time you asked via private message. If you are unable to handle this, please refer it to someone else.  The television we watch has now been unusable for several weeks.  This is not acceptable.