Community Forum

X1 DVR

Highlighted
Contributor

X1 DVR

Last month I signed up with Comcast for the X1 service.  During the installation process my DVR would not show the Netflix app.  A new DVR solved that but now I have another problem.  I realized that I would lose all of the recordings on the DVR but would be able to access the last 60 hours of recordings in the cloud.  Since then, my DVR shows less than 30% full, yet every recording over 60 hours results in an older program being dropped from my list of recordings.  Although I have only one DVR, I can noticed that I can access the following devices: "All Devices", "Media Room" and "Media Room".  On "All Devices", I can see all of my recordings as well as all of the shows I have scheduled to record.  On the first "Media Room" list, there are no recordings listed nor any scheduled.  On the second "Media Room", are programs from these series only: "Dr. T", "Prodigal Son", "Emergence", "Carol's Second Act", and "Stumptown".

During a visit from a Comcast technician (for which I was billed $40), I found out there was some type of glitch in the counter for the cloud storage vs. the counter for the DVR storage.  For some reason they were not syncing up.  THIS IS A KNOW ISSUE BUT THE TECHS HAVE NO WAY OF CORRECTING IT.  I was assured that eventually they would syncronize, but I am still waiting so that I can once again record on my DVR and access more than the 60 hours of cloud storage allotted to me.

This is very frustrating and I feel it is a breach of the monthly services contract between Comcast and myself.  I was promised DVR service and all I get is cloud storage.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: X1 DVR

@foxes-1 wrote:

Last month I signed up with Comcast for the X1 service.  During the installation process my DVR would not show the Netflix app.  A new DVR solved that but now I have another problem.  I realized that I would lose all of the recordings on the DVR but would be able to access the last 60 hours of recordings in the cloud.  Since then, my DVR shows less than 30% full, yet every recording over 60 hours results in an older program being dropped from my list of recordings.  Although I have only one DVR, I can noticed that I can access the following devices: "All Devices", "Media Room" and "Media Room".  On "All Devices", I can see all of my recordings as well as all of the shows I have scheduled to record.  On the first "Media Room" list, there are no recordings listed nor any scheduled.  On the second "Media Room", are programs from these series only: "Dr. T", "Prodigal Son", "Emergence", "Carol's Second Act", and "Stumptown".

During a visit from a Comcast technician (for which I was billed $40), I found out there was some type of glitch in the counter for the cloud storage vs. the counter for the DVR storage.  For some reason they were not syncing up.  THIS IS A KNOW ISSUE BUT THE TECHS HAVE NO WAY OF CORRECTING IT.  I was assured that eventually they would syncronize, but I am still waiting so that I can once again record on my DVR and access more than the 60 hours of cloud storage allotted to me.

This is very frustrating and I feel it is a breach of the monthly services contract between Comcast and myself.  I was promised DVR service and all I get is cloud storage.

does your DVR have a clock? or is it a 4k DVR with a single small green LED on the bottom middle of the front of the DVR?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for getting back to me, Rustyben.  The DVR has a clock on the left and a blue circle on the right.  In the extreme lower right corner is "XG1-A".

Highlighted
Expert

@foxes-1 wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me, Rustyben.  The DVR has a clock on the left and a blue circle on the right.  In the extreme lower right corner is "XG1-A".

the 'other' set top box (not the physical DVR) for some reason can't 'see' (communicate) with the DVR that is why you are getting the cloud DVR copy of the program on that other box. do you have a splitter that you can see? the line coming in for two set top boxes should have a POE filter/reflector (point of entry) then a line to the splitter, and then a cable to both outlets. there should not be any other POE filters as they block communication between the set top boxes.  do you know the set up at your location?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Contributor

I have only one DVR, although Xfinity seems to think that there is another one.  When upgrading my service, the original DVR was replaced with the one I now have.  At that time, the installer gave it the label "Media Room" which was the name of the previous DVR.  It just looks like I have 2 DVRs named "Media Room", when in reality I only have one.  So, no splitter...

Highlighted
Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi, foxes-1. Thanks for posting. We want to help clear up your questions with your DVR and its recording storage/space. We have a few questions. Do you have any recordings currently set to the 'save until I delete' preference?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Contributor

No, they're all set to "save until space is needed".

Official Employee

@foxes-1 wrote:

No, they're all set to "save until space is needed".

, thanks for confirming.

Of the recordings that are in the cloud, are those recordings the only ones left in your physcial DVR storage?
Can you send me a private message with your full name so I can take a look at those missing recordings on the back end?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.