Community Forum

X1 Box is Garbage

New Poster

X1 Box is Garbage

How do I get my X1 box replaced back with my old Digital Cable Box? This X1 Box is not all that hyped up to be. It requires the use of the HDMI port on my tv, therefore I can no longer switch back and forth between my blu-ray player and cable, its now one or the other. The X1 box has had problems playing Netflix movies from the start. So that integration between Xfinity and Netflix in my opinion is still a work in progress as the errors encountered are endless. I can play Netflix movies on my phone easily, so there is no need to engage Netflix Support. It has to be the X1 box as I never had this issue obviously until now.

Can someone direct me on how to have my X1 box replaced with my previous Xfinity digital box? I prefer the down grade over Saturday nights of frustration.

Expert

Re: X1 Box is Garbage

@miles3823 wrote:

How do I get my X1 box replaced back with my old Digital Cable Box? This X1 Box is not all that hyped up to be. It requires the use of the HDMI port on my tv, therefore I can no longer switch back and forth between my blu-ray player and cable, its now one or the other. The X1 box has had problems playing Netflix movies from the start. So that integration between Xfinity and Netflix in my opinion is still a work in progress as the errors encountered are endless. I can play Netflix movies on my phone easily, so there is no need to engage Netflix Support. It has to be the X1 box as I never had this issue obviously until now.

Can someone direct me on how to have my X1 box replaced with my previous Xfinity digital box? I prefer the down grade over Saturday nights of frustration.

take the box(es) back to your local Comcast store and swap out.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!