Community Forum

Wrong social security number

New Poster

Wrong social security number

Comcast has the wrong social security number for me account.   They tell me I have to go to a store to fix it.    Since it is their error, is there someone to contact to fix it so that I am not forced to go waste a lot of time in line waiting to correct their mistake?   There is really not a correct location to ask a question about account information. 

Expert

Re: Wrong social security number

I think for security reasons you'll need to take your ID to a service center to make those types of changes. I could be wrong though so...

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
New Poster

Go to the store! Same happened here and not sure when it became "wrong" as I've been a customer since 1981! But last 4 were incorrect for like 3 years now. I thought it had been corrected several times as I had issues come up and they spoke to me on the phone anyway, but no. I finally went to the store a month ago and now all is fine. In fact....I find going to the location and asking questions I get WAY more reliable answers than from anyone over the phone and DEFINITELY on the worthless chat. FYI - I had no line to stand in. 

Official Employee

Hi jojo48,  apologies the your experiences but the only way to correct this would be to visit a local Comcast store.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you